Architecture  —  Backlist BACK
GOOD DEEDS, GOOD DESIGN: COMMUNITY SERVICE THROUGH ARCHITECTURE
Bryan Bell ed.

Princeton Architectural Press, 2003
Softcover
240 pages
Fully illustrated, duotone
ISBN: 1568983913

  UNAVAILABLE
It may come as no surprise that only 2% of new-home buyers work directly with an architect to design the space in which they live. Indeed, architects are usually seen as a luxury most of us, the other 98%, cannot afford. Fortunately, many of today's practitioners are taking initiatives to change this situation by addressing the underserved, particularly the poor. Good Deeds, Good Design presents the best new thoughts and practices in this exciting movement toward an architecture that serves everyone.

In this book, architecture firms, community design centres, design-build programs, and service-based organizations offer their plans for building for the rest of us. Twenty-nine essays and case studies offer a clear, direct, and inspiring message in numerous illustrated examples. In so doing, Good Deeds, Good Design raises both design and social issues that have excited a large and expanding number of people who would like to see good design for all.



 

More books in Backlist Architecture